I rate books on the normal 5 star scale awarding halves for books which didn’t fit in any of the categories :
- 0-1 stars – I did not like the book and most definitely did not finish it – I may have had an issue with the way it was written or found something that troubled me about it. I will aim to be as constructive as possible as I realize that other people may have enjoyed the book.
- 2 stars – I finished this book, may have found some good things – however it didn’t evoke any real passion on me. These are the “meh” books
- 3 stars – Average book – books I may have enjoyed but won’t treasure. Might recommend that people borrow it from a library but will probably say that it’s not worth the full price
- 4 stars– Great book, would definitely recommend to people. These books have very little wrong with them however didn’t make me think as much as the five star category. They are most often books I will come back to, time and time again.
- 5 stars– Incredible, absorbing, beautifully written book which probably provoked me to throw it across the room a few times – in a good way of course. These books are my absolute favourites and I would definitely recommend them to everyone.